Mold Design, Engineering, & Manufacturing
Working closely with our parent company, Industrial Molds Group, gives Pyramid Plastics’ engineering team the opportunity to offer customers state-of-the-art molds, expertly designed for optimum productivity and manufacturability to reduce costs-to-manufacture.
- State-of-the-art CAD/CAM software systems
- Machine tool technology with robotic palletizers
- Over $1 million in new equipment, including machine tool automation and robotics
- MoldEx 3D mold filling analysis software to optimize mold design
- State-of-the-art 3D modeling in the Mold Design and Engineering department.
Industrial Molds specializes in building geometrically complex molds that range from single-cavity large parts with creative configurations and actions to 32-cavity multi-cavity molds, including:
- 2-Shot/2-Material Molds to reduce costs, scrap and eliminate secondary operations
- Metal-to-Plastic conversions for automotive and industrial applications such as under-hood components, industrial fluid control valves and components, and more
- Mold with conformal cooling lines to accommodate complex part shapes with thick wall sections, thin-to-thick sections and other difficult-to-cool geometries to reduce cycle time and improve productivity